Current Auditions - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Book by Peter Parnell
Based on the Victor Hugo novel and songs from the Disney Film
Originally Developed by Disney Theatrical Productions
Directed by Marla Ladd
Choregraphed by Michael Lopez
Music Direction by Kevin Gasio
Conducted by Allen Everman
Orchestra contracted by David Lamoureux
NON-UNION PRINCIPAL ROLES - SUBMISSIONS
- Monday, November 26, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 28, 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday, December 1, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Callbacks by Invitation Only
Open Call signups begin November 19 at 9:00 am via SignUpGenius
Seeking experienced and strong singer/actor/dancers. All auditionees must be 18 years of age or older – there are no roles for children in this production. In addition to the principals and ensemble, we will also be casting a choir for this production
- Please bring to the audition a non-returnable copy of your professional theatrical resume and headshot.
- ALL characters please prepare 16 bars of a contemporary Musical Theatre selection that shows both vocal skill and range. Please bring legible sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. No tracks or a cappella.
- Be prepared to dance.
- There is some pay for principals, but no housing. All roles are Non-Union.
Audition appointments are recommended for the open call. To schedule your audition, please visit the link below (SignUpGenius) and sign up for an available audition slot. Please arrive 15 minutes early and expect to stay for about an hour. Audition appointments will become available on November 19, 2018 at 9:00am. If you make an appointment and cannot keep it, please cancel the appointment so we can offer that spot to someone else.
If you are interested in singing in the choir, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "Hunchback Choir" in the subject line. Please note your preferred vocal part. There is no need to attend the auditions on November 26th and 28th if you are only interested in the choir.
Rehearsals & Performances
- Rehearsals are Monday – Thursday evenings, and Saturday & Sunday days, January 12 - February 14, 2019.
- Performances are February 15 – 24, 2019.
All auditions and rehearsals take place at
Lewis Family Playhouse
at the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center
12505 Cultural Center Drive,
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
Rehearsal Schedule and Character Descriptions
» Audition Form (PDF Format)
» Rehearsal Schedule (PDF Format)
» Character Descriptions (PDF Format)